Follett ice machines deliver different ice shapes for different purposes. Selecting the right type of ice for your specific needs is important to both your customer’s satisfaction and your bottom line.
Chewblet ice is composed of uniformly shaped pieces of chewable compressed nugget ice.
- Nuggets measure approximately 1" (2.54 cm) long.
- Its softer, chewable texture is craved by customers.
- Its porous composition gives way to absorb drink’s flavor, leaving a flavorful crunchy treat after the drink is gone.
- Consumers prefer Chewblet ice 2 to 1* over cube ice.
Hospitals, nursing home facilities, hotels, restaurants, convenience stores, and healthcare facilities favor this ice due to its versatility.
Horizon ice machines, Maestro Plus ice machines, 7 and 15 Series ice and water dispensers, Symphony Plus ice and water dispensers
Note: Chewblet ice is the industry standard. For those who like smaller pieces of ice, choose Micro Chewblet ice which is only 3/8" (0.95 cm) long.
* Based on customer intercept studies conducted across the United States. Contact Follett for details.
Micro Chewblet Ice
Micro Chewblet is a smaller version of Chewblet ice.
- Nuggets measure approximately 3/8” (0.95 cm) long.
- Its smaller size makes for a more chewable experience.
- Higher quality than other forms of nugget ice and dispenses more reliably.
- Consumers will buy more fountain drinks when they can have chewable ice and will go out of their way to find it.
Hospitals, nursing home facilities, hotels, restaurants, convenience stores, and healthcare facilities favor this ice due to its flexibility and versatile options.
Horizon ice machines, Maestro Plus ice machines
Flake ice is soft, moldable, irregular shaped pieces of ice that resemble snow.
- Flakes measure approximately 0.03” to 0.07” (0.08 - 0.2 cm)
- Its shape is flat with no hard edges.
- Flake ice melts quickly to cool products, produce, or perishables fast and efficiently.
- It packs well and shields products against damage.
Supermarkets produce displays, laboratories, and research facilities favor this ice due to its moldable capability.
Maestro Plus ice machines