Follett ice and water dispensers are available in a wide range of capacities and configurations to meet the needs of virtually any healthcare application. Following are some guidelines to help you choose the size best for you:
- Ice required per serving will equal the size of average cup in oz (or ml) x 0.40. Therefore, someone filling a 32 oz carafe would, on average, use about 13 oz of ice.
- Follett's ice machine will recover at about 16 lbs (7.3 kg) per hour on average, assuming that the bin is not full and is signaling for more ice.
- Depending on water temperatures, Follett's chilled water option can require up to 40% more ice per day than dispensers without the chilled water feature.
Add 20% to the ice required to accommodate potential growth in ice demand.
A general rule of thumb
- Up to 20 patient beds - 12 Series
- 20 to 35 patient beds - 25 Series
- 35 to 50 patient beds - 50 Series
- More than 50 patient beds - 110 Series
Remember, these are guidelines only. Different usage patterns and other ice uses can affect the size of equipment needed.
|Width||Storage Capacity||Hourly Production|
|12 Series||16" (40.6 cm)||12 lbs (5.4 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|25 Series||21" (53.3 cm)||25 lbs (11 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|50 Series||21" (53.3 cm)||50 lbs (23 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|110 Series||24.5" (62.2 cm)||90 lbs (41 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|