Horizon ice machines with RIDE® technology wall mount installations
Application-specific installation requirements in the installation manual must be followed. Improper installation can cause property damage, shorten ice machine life, reduce ice output and void the warranty.
For complete step-by-step instructions, see "Ice Transport Tube Installation" in the Follett ice machine installation manual. Visit our Service Literature page to download the appropriate manual for your machine.
Countertop ice and beverage dispenser
Note: dips in the transport tube will result in standing water and must be avoided by supporting the tube at least every 2 ft (0.6 m)
Connecting Transport Tube
- Use CAUTION to avoid creating inside cuts or flaps in tube.
- Inspect tube interior wall after cutting. Any irregularities will cause a restriction that will result in the product not functioning properly.
- Follett recommends using a tube-cutting tool to cut the tube and diagonal pliers to remove any uncut wire from polywire tube. (See Steps 1 and 2)
- Soften tube in hot (160 F/71 C) water and spread with pliers before making connection. (See Steps 3 through 5)
- Do not splice tube.
- Insulate entire tube run.
- Dips in the transport tube will result in standing water and must be avoided by supporting the tube at least every 2 ft (0.6 m).
- Maintain a minimum 1/4" per 1' slope (2 cm per meter) draining away from the dispenser or bin.
- Refer to installation manual for complete connection details