Follett ice and water dispensers are available in a wide range of capacities and configurations to meet the needs of virtually any healthcare application. Following are some guidelines to help you choose the size best for you:
- Ice required per serving will equal the size of average cup in oz (or ml) x 0.40. Therefore, someone filling a 32 oz carafe would, on average, use about 13 oz of ice.
- Follett's ice machine will recover at about 16 lbs (7.3 kg) per hour on average, assuming that the bin is not full and is signalling for more ice.
- Depending on water temperatures, Follett's chilled water option can require up to 40% more ice per day than dispensers without the chilled water feature.
Add 20% to the ice required to accommodate potential growth in ice demand.
A general rule of thumb
- Up to 20 patient beds - 12 Series
- 20 to 35 patient beds - 25 Series
- 35 to 50 patient beds - 50 Series
- More than 50 patient beds - 110 Series
Remember, these are guidelines only. Different usage patterns and other ice uses can affect the size of equipment needed. Our customer service staff can help you select the best Follett ice and water dispenser to meet your specific needs. Call 800-523-9361 or 610-252-7301, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Width||Storage Capacity||Hourly Production|
|12 Series||16" (40.6 cm)||12 lbs (5.4 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|25 Series||21" (53.3 cm)||25 lbs (11 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|50 Series||21" (53.3 cm)||50 lbs (23 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|
|110 Series||24.5" (62.2 cm)||90 lbs (41 kg)||16 lbs (7.3 kg)|